This Discovering Britain website is operated by the Royal Geographical Society (with the Institute of British Geographers) of 1 Kensington Gore, London, SW7 2AR, United Kingdom ('we', 'us', 'our', 'RGS-IBG').
We are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or circumstance. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website.
This website endeavours to conform to level A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0. We make every effort to ensure that all the content on our site meets this standard too.
We are making every effort to ensure that we don't exclude any users. For example:
- We use alternative text descriptions for all content images. Decorative graphics have null alternative attributes.
- URLs on the site are human friendly.
- We try to use clear and simple language.
- We have tested the colours we use in the design for contrast.
- The main text of our printed documents are available on the site, either as accessible HTML or in other formats such as PDF.
The Society's Inclusion & Diversity Advisory group, made up of representatives from different parts of the Society's activities, meets twice a year. It reviews the inclusion and diversity elements of the Society's activities and publications and reports to the Society's Council.
Please contact us if you have questions, if you are having difficulties using the website, or would like to know more about what we are doing to make all our websites accessible.